Google is empowering African businesses founded in Africa. The funding program is The Google for Startups Black Founders Fund Africa Program 2022 for early-stage African Startups with a total of $4 million in funding.
The program was previously done in 2021 with a total budget of $3 million.
Google is assisting early-stage, Black-founded firms on the continent through the Google for Startups Black Founders Fund Africa. In Africa’s fast-growing technological scene, Google wants to close the funding gap for Black business entrepreneurs. Founders will earn up to $100K in cash and up to $200K in Google Cloud Credits, as well as access to the best of Googlepeople, products, and practices.
Eligibility Requirements Startups must be:
- Headquartered in Africa or has a legal presence on the continent
- Building for Africa and a global market
- Creating jobs, able to show growth potential to raise more funding, and making an impact
With a founding team that is:
- Diverse, with at least one Black C-level founding member
- Directly supporting the Black community
- Technology startups with a live product inmarket or a business where technology is core to their ability to scale (the initiative is not for consultancies or not-for-profits)
- Compatibility with Google products—our products can accelerate your growth
Botswana, Cameroun, Cote D’Ivoire, Ethiopia, Ghana, Kenya, Mozambique, Nigeria, Rwanda, South Africa, Tanzania, Uganda, and Zimbabwe.
Access to capital : Up to $100K in equity-free cash will be awarded to each startup. Each startup will receive either $50,000 or $100,000. Funding varies according to each startup’s product development stage, current needs, and how much they’ve already raised.
Global community: At its core, the Black Founders Fund is a global initiative. Selected founders have the opportunity to connect with founders from all over the world. For More Information: Visit the Official Webpage of Google for Startups Black Founders Fund Africa Program 2022.
- Google Translate can now translate Tsonga and Sepedi
- Funeral insurances for foreigners that can repatriate outside South Africa
- Mukuru Jobs opportunities in South Africa. How to apply as a foreigner or a citizen?